Monday, May 14, 2007

Major Project Development

Well the due date for this project is fast approaching and I'm starting to feel as it I may be running a little behind in the major assignment. In the rough plan above, one can observe that I have decided to do my section where the showroom/offices join with the warehouse. In the last few days I have also managed to draw up a 1:50 section of the detail I intend on constructing. All of the components and sizing are not set in stone yet, but this will be a fairly accurate portrayal of things to come.


It has been a little hard grasping some of the construction techniques that Aalto has used in the Sports Hall at Otaniemi, but I did manage to gain some insight into the project by contacting both the Helsinki University of Technology and the Finnish Association of Architects.

Now I need to quantify the amount of balsa and associated materials I will need, and its off to Bunnings!

No comments: